Date:      Fri, 28 Dec 2001 10:48:19 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, alc@freebsd.org, tegge@freebsd.org, jlemon@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: loadable aio

> I've done most of the gruntwork of making AIO a loadable system.
>
> I'd appreciate some feedback and testing, especially since I know
> of no programs which use AIO.

Where's the demand-load of the aio module?  Are you going to trap ENOSYS
in the libc side of things?

> Please, please, please give this some testing.  I'd really like
> to get it committed, but I really need testers and concensus
> if I've done it the right way or not.  I also hope this makes
> it more convient for you guys in the future (for adding
> features/debugging aio)

It looks about right; I think you might be able to handle unloading more
cleanly if you keep track of processes that have called aio_onceonly (and
as you mentioned, lock out newcomers at that point).