Date:      Fri, 23 Apr 2010 23:14:35 -0700
From:      Garrett Cooper <yanefbsd@gmail.com>
To:        Aristedes Maniatis <ari@ish.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portmaster and IGNOREME

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 10:43 PM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@ish.com.au> wrote=
:
> I have a package which is not built from a port (it is commercial softwar=
e).
> I've put an +IGNOREME file in the package folder. But portmaster will not
> ignore it:

    It's not ignoring it for -a (update).
    Kind of funny though why this functionality exists if pkg_install
doesn't even check it. I've gotten a lot of noise similar to that
related to homegrown packages I've dealt with at work when running
pkg_add // pkg_create as it builds up package origins when it reads
the contents of the plists -- not sure why a ports-ism made it into
pkg_install though, but flz most likely knows why.

> #portmaster -a
>
> [snip...]
>
> =3D=3D=3D>>> Proceed? y/n [y]
>
> =3D=3D=3D>>> Starting build for for ports that need updating <<<=3D=3D=3D
>
> =3D=3D=3D>>> Launching child to update CGatePro-5.3.5
>
> =3D=3D=3D>>> No ORIGIN in /var/db/pkg/CGatePro-5.3.5/+CONTENTS
> =3D=3D=3D>>> Aborting update
>
> =3D=3D=3D>>> Update for CGatePro-5.3.5 failed
> =3D=3D=3D>>> Aborting update
>

> Unless there is some clear documented reason, portmaster should ignore po=
rts
> which are marked to be ignored. The documentation reads:
>
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0If you do a regular update of the port, or if the
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0-a option is being used you will be asked if you want to u=
pdate
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0the port anyway.
>
> I am not being asked, it just fails the entire port upgrade process, unle=
ss
> I use -ia and specifically exclude this package. I don't know enough abou=
> package files to know why ORIGIN is required, even for packages which are=
n't
> generated from the ports system.

    This I don't know (and is potentially a bug or a needed
enhancement with portmaster). dougb would be able to fill you in on
this.
Cheers,
-Garrett