Date:      Mon, 12 Jul 1999 22:58:45 PDT
From:      "Firewall Dude" <firewall_dude@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   cvsup-mirror

I recently installed (from the Ports Collection) cvsup-mirror, a package for
mirroring the FreeBSD repositories.  I did this in order to allow for a
single local server to update off the net over our (relatively) slow link,
and then for our other FreeBSD servers to update from that host.

The cvsup works fine.  Logs report that each period cvsup goes out and
updates what needs updating.  It then restarts the cvsupd so that cvsup
clients can connect.  Herein lies the problem.. whenever I try to cvsup from
another machine to (what I'll call) our Local Master, the local master
reports that it does not carry the collection.

I've reproduced the output below for clarity:

======================
root@machine:/usr/ports/net/cvsup-mirror# cvsup -g -L 2 /etc/supfile-ports
Parsing supfile "/etc/supfile-ports"
Looking up address of 192.168.224.200
Connecting to 192.168.224.200
Connected to 192.168.224.200
Server software version: REL_16_0
Negotiating file attribute support
Exchanging collection information
Server message: Collection "ports-all" release "cvs" is not available here
Establishing multiplexed-mode data connection
Skipping collection ports-all/cvs
Running
Shutting down connection to server
Finished successfully