Date:      Thu, 17 Jan 2013 11:11:08 +0800
From:      Marcelo Araujo <araujobsdport@gmail.com>
To:        John <jwd@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Filesystems <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: rc.d script for memory based zfs intent log

2013/1/9 John <jwd@freebsd.org>

> http://people.freebsd.org/~jwd/memzil.txt

Hello John,

In my point of view this script seems be very useful, and I probably will
use it in my product.

As an example, I faced out few problems on system reboot/shutdown, I use
Ramdisk as ZIL, when normal reboot/shutdown the ramdisk will disappear,
because right now there is nothing to detach the ramdisk safely. I do
believe with this script I can attache a new ZIL in every boot and detach
it safely when perform a reboot/shutdown.

I use some tricks with my ZIL, it is mirrored using RAM and the RAM has its
own battery to protect the data, my main problem is what I described above.
I don't think sync=disable is a good option, regards you can loose data.

Nice script!

Thanks!
--
Marcelo Araujo