Date:      Sat, 8 Jan 2000 20:37:38 -0800
From:      "FreeBSD" <freebsd@gtonet.net>
To:        "David Bushong" <david@bushong.net>, "freebsd-stable@FreeBSD. ORG" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: load spike strangeness

<major snip>

"P.S. To kill 2 birds with one stone...
David Bushong: The info about overclocking was mentioned by Jordan, himself,
on IRC in #FreeBSD (I'm not sure which network though) If you'd like, I can
dig through IRC logs and try to find it but I'd prefer to take this to
private e-mail instead. Let me know."

Just to set the record straight, after going through some logs, I found it
was NOT Jordan who was so against overclocking it was Anti-Bill and a few
others. I'm not going to paste chat logs here but the consensus was that
overclocking *can* cause strangeness. Not necessarily in load checking but
in general.

Have a Nice Day :)

FreeBSD
freebsd@gtonet.net

"LinSUX is only free if your time is worthless"