Date:      Mon, 30 Apr 2001 09:56:09 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cp -u patch

On Thu, 26 Apr 2001 22:21:32 +0200, Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai wrote:

> Question is, do we want to add this to our cp?

Bleh. :-)

	for i in `find /path/to/src`; do
		if [ $i -nt /path/to/dst/$i ]; then
			cp $i /path/to/dst/
		fi
	done

And the people who question the efficiency of such shell scripts would
do well to

1) Think about the frequency with which these special cases are actually
   required.

2) Think about the existence of perl(1) and cc(1) on their systems.

Ciao,
Sheldon.