Date:      Fri, 12 Apr 2013 10:30:03 -0500
From:      Pedro Giffuni <pfg@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-apache@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Port Wish: httpd DTrace provider

Hello;

I have been updating lately our DTrace support with lots of neat stuff
from Illumos. Most of the new features will find their way into -stable
in the coming weeks.

One curiosity though is the lack of DTrace providers in some notable
ports. I don't really use httpd a lot lately but I think this would be a
rather
obvious strength for FreeBSD so I added the idea and a link to sources
to the WantedPorts Wiki.

A complete description is here:
http://dtrace.org/blogs/dap/2011/12/13/usdt-providers-redux/

(note the link to the mod_usdt provider [1]. )

plus we have our own notes about providers in FreeBSD that
could use some enhancements:
https://wiki.freebsd.org/DTrace/userland

Regards,

Pedro.