Date:      Wed, 8 May 2002 15:55:09 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Mark Hartley <mark@work.drapple.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: support for RELENG_4_4

--NtwzykIc2mflq5ck

On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 01:47:58PM -0700, Mark Hartley wrote:

> 1. Is the 4_4 branch about to lose it's status as a "receives all security
> fixes" branch?

I believe it's still the intention.  It's been the official policy for
many years (documented on the security webpage), although in the past
(during my time as security officer) we did the extra work of
extending support for some older branches beyond their official
lifetime.  I considered that work to be purely an additional courtesy
to the users of older branches though, and not something we were bound
by policy to continue.

Kris

--NtwzykIc2mflq5ck

--NtwzykIc2mflq5ck--