Date:      Mon, 25 Mar 2013 14:36:43 +0100
From:      Alex Dupre <ale@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: LEGAL variable to capture generic issues

Eitan Adler ha scritto:
> I have been trying to capture the differences between LEGAL and the ports tree.
> At this point I am convinced we need a new variable to capture in a
> machine usable way issues such as "special permission granted to
> distribute under the GPL" or "No license -- see
> http://cr.yp.to/softwarelaw.html".  Furthermore some ports define
> NO_PACKAGE for reasons of legality (GPL issues) and others defined it
> for other reasons (the package becomes too big).  We have no method to
> differentiate between these two reasons.

For license reasons we already have this:

# RESTRICTED    - Prevent the distribution of distfiles and packages to
#                                 the FTP sites or on CDROM (e.g.
forbidden by license
#                                 considerations).

and related /usr/ports/LEGAL entries.

--
Alex Dupre