Date:      Sat, 1 May 1999 10:03:44 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Steve Jorgensen <steve@khoral.com>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XFree86 and egcs

> In article <199904282026.OAA13313@zen.alb.khoral.com>,
> Steve Jorgensen  <steve@khoral.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > 	Ok, well in the interest of not sending large compile
> > 	output to the news group, I've put an error log on
> > 	my webserver with all the info in it:
> >
> > 	http://www.haunt.com/~steve/error.html

> I took a look at it.  All those undefined symbols are supposed to be
> in the "-lX11" library.  I don't really know why you're getting
> them.  Maybe you have an older version of the library lying around
> that is stripped?  Try a "locate libX11.so" and see what's there.
> Then do "file libX11.so" on each one and see if it's stripped.
	No old versions, I removed the old XF86 installation before
	installing this one.

> Maybe your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable is set, screwing up
> the build?  Maybe you've got something funny in /etc/make.conf?
	LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not set, and the only difference
	in my make.conf is that I set HAVE_MOTIF  to yes, because
	I intend to install lesstif.

> Sorry, these are just guesses.  I've never encountered the problem
> you're reporting.

	Well, thanks for trying.. I'm going to try cvssuping once
	more before I dig too deep into the xf86 port.  Maybe
	I updated in the middle of a commit the last time.

					Steve
Steven Jorgensen      steve@khoral.com	    steve@haunt.com