Date:      Fri, 8 Mar 2002 07:30:25 -0600
From:      "Jacques A. Vidrine" <nectar@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Makoto Matsushita <matusita@jp.FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        security-officer@FreeBSD.org, www@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: A patch for FreeBSD Security Information webpage

On Fri, Mar 08, 2002 at 03:38:18PM +0900, Makoto Matsushita wrote:

> <URL:http://www.FreeBSD.org/security/>; page is great for the FreeBSD
> users to get security information.  However, it seems that it lacks
> some 4.5-RELEASE related information.
> .

Your timing is great.  Kris just pointed out that this needed doing last
night :-)

> 1) Put a mark that 4.5-RELEASE was out
[...]

Thanks!

> I have no idea that 02:09 is *after* 4.5-RELEASE or not (it was
> announced after 4.5-RELEASE, but 4.5-RELEASE does *not* affected).

It comes before 4.5-RELEASE.

I see Jun has already taken care of this.  Thanks, Jun!

> 2) Note that 4.5-RELEASE is a target release for SAs.
>
> In this webpage, there is a pharase that:
>
> 	At this time, security advisories are being released for:
> 	  FreeBSD 3.5.1-STABLE (remotely exploitable vulnerabilities only)
> 	  FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE
> 	  FreeBSD 4.4-RELEASE
> 	  FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE
>
> Yes, "4.5-RELEASE" is not mentioned.  Would you please add 4.5-RELEASE
> to the list?
>
> And, 02:13 doesn't say anything about 4.3-RELEASE.  RELENG_4_3 was not
> changed about OpenSSH.  This means that 4.3-RELEASE is not *fully*
> supported release (read: remotely exploitable vulnerabilities only),
> just like 3-stable ?

Actually, the list should now be
     FreeBSD 4.4-RELEASE
     FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE

I'll make the update.

Thanks for the reminder!

Cheers,
--
Jacques A. Vidrine <n@nectar.cc>                     http://www.nectar.cc/
NTT/Verio SME           .      FreeBSD UNIX      .        Heimdal Kerberos