Date:      Wed, 11 Jun 1997 09:49:27 -0400
From:      "Christopher J. Booth" <cbooth@onyx.interactive.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   iijppp Connects, But...Nothing

Good Morning, Good Afternoon, and Good Evening, FreeBSDers!

Yesterday I couldn't get iijppp to dial up at all. I couldn't see anything
amiss in the dial script, so this morning I scrubbed /etc/ppp/ppp.conf and
replaced it with a script from /et/ppp/ppp.conf/sample. (I still don't see
what was wrong....O, well....)

Now ijjppp dials out, negotiates with the ISP, and connects. netstat -rn tells
me that I have lo0 and tun0 running. I cannot communicate with anything,
though. Even ping receives nothing (100% packet loss). Lynx, gopher, xgopher,
ftp, none can connect out. After a while I hear the tiny click of the modem
resetting and netstat -rn only shows lo0.

Where might this problem lie?

Cheers,

Chris Booth
--