Date:      Mon, 24 Apr 2000 13:32:30 -0600
From:      Chris Fedde <chris@fedde.littleton.co.us>
To:        Bill Richter <wlr@table.jps.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sio2 inop after 3.4R -> 4.0R upgrade

On Wed, 19 Apr 2000 19:23:01 -0700 (PDT)  Bill Richter wrote:
 +------------------
 | After migrating to 4.0R, with a GENERIC kernel, sio2 enabled
 | or manually configured using the boot floppy setting sio2/IO_COM3/irq9
 | I'm rewarded with
 | sio2: configured irq 9 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
 +------------------

I had a similar problem. I found that after upgrading the kernel was
allocating irq 9 to another purpose:

    $ dmesg | grep 'irq 9'
    unknown2: <MPU401> at port 0x300-0x301 irq 9 on isa0

After I moved my serial port controler to an unused irq the problem went
away.

Good luck
chris

--