Date:      Tue, 8 May 2018 09:51:07 -0700
From:      Pete Wright <pete@nomadlogic.org>
To:        "Zane C. B-H." <vvelox@vvelox.net>, freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: current state of Intel support

On 05/08/2018 01:01, Zane C. B-H. wrote:
> I am curious, where are we at on 11 stable when it comes to support
> for newer Intel chipsets? Just wondering how usable X is when it comes
> to x5-Z8350 Cherry trail or the like.

the current state of the drm-next-kmod should be in sync with the
linux-4.9 kernel, so if a device is supported on that revision on linux
then chances are it will just work on drm-next.  there is work happening
to bring the codebase up to sync with the linux-4.11 kernel as well.

the benefit of drm-next-kmod being a port is that you can benefit from
the work being done on 12-CURRENT in 11-STABLE as they port codebase is
the same between both of those branches I believe.

cheers,
-pete

--
Pete Wright