Date:      Sat, 15 Feb 2014 18:55:19 +0000
From:      Lucius Rizzo <Lucius.Rizzo@Lucius.XxX>
To:        ?????? <mail.jiang.cn@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Recommend FreeBSD VPS

* ?????? <mail.jiang.cn@gmail.com> [2014-02-15 22:23]:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a cheap FreeBSD VPS, can you guys provide me some good
> service provider? BTW, I currently in China and I hope the VPS should have
> low latency.

I am currently using BlueVM (bluevm.com) KVM4's spread over US East/West
and Zurich. They are pretty good and actually work out to be even
cheaper than DigitalOcean (For Specs/month).

Being a KVM, one can run FreeBSD/NetBSD easily and the isos are
provided. I have had issues with OpenBSD seeing only 1 cpu which aren't
seen in FreeBSD or NetBSD.

In terms of the cloud VPS providers, I have migrated mostly from AWS to
Azure to DO and now to BlueVM. Though I have servers spread in many
various VPS providersi, in terms of cost I get 4core CPU, 2GB RAM, 40GB
Disk, 3TB of bandwidth, Any OS of my choice for around $5/monthly.
Spread over Zurich, Switzerland, California and Buffalo are nice options
for redudancy.

Though you may need to define what you want this for and what audience.
You can spin them in Asia-Pacific region VPS providers with similar
prices. Though you can spin FreeBSD instances in AWS Asia-Pacific
easily. We have instances in Singapore (in DO) and Tokyo.

BlueVM are coming out with Native IPv6 in their ZU node soon and I am
kinda excited to ditch HE TB. Linode offers full IPv6/rDNS but they are 4x
more than BlueVM for me.

PS - If you find that their website doesn't show load/availability, join
their chat room and speak to someone there. Sometimes you can find
awesome deals.

Disclaimer - I do not work for any of the providers above

--

++ "Elves and Dragons!" I says to him.  "Cabbages and potatoes are better ++
++ for you and me." ++
++                                		-- J. R. R. Tolkien ++