Date:      Wed, 21 Aug 2002 10:19:43 -0700
From:      Gregory Neil Shapiro <gshapiro@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        trevarthan@wingnet.net
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: upgrade with smmsp user is breaking things...

trevarthan> smmsp is NOT uid 6. It's uid 25.

Ok, then check the ownership/permissions on /var/spool/clientmqueue.

trevarthan> I DO have a conflict though!

trevarthan> uucp:*:6:6::0:0:UNIX-to-UNIX
trevarthan> Copy,system,,:/var/spool/uucppublic:/usr/libexec/uucico
trevarthan> fax:*:6:6::0:0:Facsimile Agent,system,,:/var/spool/fax:nologin

That won't affect the sendmail error you are getting.

trevarthan> And fax must be a newly created user from mergemaster.

No, there is no fax user from the base system.  It must be from a port.

trevarthan> How would the list recommend I rememedy this situation?

Again, this has nothing to do with the sendmail problem.  However, if you
want to separate the UIDs/GIDs, assign a different one to the fax user and
then:

find / -uid 6 -print

And decide for each file wheter it should belong to uucp or fax.