Date:      Tue, 4 Feb 2003 15:09:00 +0000
From:      Tim Bishop <tim-lists@bishnet.net>
To:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Cc:        t.d.bishop@ukc.ac.uk
Subject:   ls-lR.gz on ftp.freebsd.org

--M9NhX3UHpAaciwkO

Hi,

We run ftp2.uk.freebsd.org and we're currently mirroring from
ftp.freebsd.org. We've recently noticed a problem with the ls-lR.gz
file on ftp.freebsd.org - it doesn't seem to accurately reflect the
tree found on the server. This is causing problems for our mirroring
software which takes the ls-lR.gz file as the definitive list of files
available and pulls them from one (or more) servers.

A specific example is the directory /pub/FreeBSD/branches/-current. On
ftp.freebsd.org this only contains a single tar file, but in the ls-lR
file there's a whole tree of files.

My guess is that the ls-lR.gz file is generate on ftp-master, and
ftp.freebsd.org isn't quite in sync with it?

Cheers,
Tim.

--=20
Tim Bishop (T.D.Bishop@ukc.ac.uk)