Date:      Sat, 2 Mar 2002 00:36:54 +0100
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Max_David_Kr=FCper?= <m.krueper@linuxwork.de>
To:        <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   httpd in malloc(): warning: recursive call (FreeBSD error??)

Hello,

I have a FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE box running, when i start apache first all
works fine, but after like 3 minutes in the logfile i see this messages:

httpd in free(): warning: chunk is already free
httpd in free(): warning: chunk is already free
httpd in free(): warning: chunk is already free
httpd in free(): warning: chunk is already free
httpd in free(): warning: chunk is already free
httpd in free(): warning: chunk is already free

after another 2 minutes the logfile gets flooded of hundred of this
messages:

httpd in free(): warning: recursive call
httpd in free(): warning: recursive call
httpd in free(): warning: recursive call
httpd in free(): warning: recursive call
httpd in free(): warning: recursive call
httpd in free(): warning: recursive call

right after this i get all time this error(this error didn't appear
before):

httpd in malloc(): warning: recursive call
httpd in malloc(): warning: recursive call
[Fri Mar  1 19:49:16 2002] [alert] [client 195.93.64.xx]
/usr/local/httpd/htdocs/qm-dev/.htaccess: RewriteRule: cannot compile
regular expression 'F([0-9]+)(.htm(l)?)?'

httpd in malloc(): warning: recursive call
httpd in malloc(): warning: recursive call
[Fri Mar  1 19:49:19 2002] [alert] [client 217.228.1.xx]
/usr/local/httpd/htdocs/qm-dev/.htaccess: RewriteRule: cannot compile
regular expression 'F([0-9]+)(.htm(l)?)?'

The php doesn't work well after this, i get sometimes errors, it tells
me there would be errors in the code, but if i refresh it works fine,
and the apache prints "Internal Server Error"... but this happens only
under high server load. Is it a FreeBSD bug? I found similar problems
in mailinglists from last year, all about FreeBSD! What might we do to
fix that, use Linux again ?? :>

Before we used a Linux Server with apache 1.3.?? and PHP 4.0.(4or6) and all
worked
fine.

Ciao,
Max

P.S. I am writing in the right list at all ?? :>