Date:      Wed, 30 Jun 2004 02:48:59 +0200
From:      "Cyrille Lefevre" <clefevre-lists@9online.fr>
To:        "Jonathan Weiss" <tomonage2@gmx.de>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: isc-dhcp3-server-3.0.1.r14

"Jonathan Weiss" <tomonage2@gmx.de> wrote:

> >> I would appreciate it, if you could document this in pkg-message as I
> >> stumbled over the same issue 30minutes ago.
> >

> > this should be normaly executed at installation time, if not, there is
> > an issue somewhere. this is for internal use only... that is the reason
> > it is not documented.
> >
> > PS: found the problem, pkg-install isn't called from the Makefile. I'll
> > fix this right now. sorry.
>
> Right now i am getting this in var/log/messages:
>
> Jun 29 22:11:54 satan dhcpd: Can't create new lease file: Permission denied
> Jun 29 23:11:53 satan kernel: pid 1315 (dhcpd), uid 1002: exited on signal
> 11
[snip]
> I used the startup-file with the install target to install the dhcpd user
> and group. So it is the thase problem as reported with the Pid-file.

using the logs sent by David Du SERRE-TELMON, I also fixed that problem and
I've identified and fixed some others. see PR#68357 for details :

    http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/68357

hope that all the major bugs have been fixed (as well as the minor ones :)

PS : I've already CC'ed you the patch.

Cyrille Lefevre.
--
home: mailto:cyrille.lefevre@laposte.net