Date:      Mon, 17 Aug 1998 19:12:14 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Thamer Al-Herbish <shadows@whitefang.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   3com PCI 3C905 B-TX

Hi,

I was wondering if the vx driver supported the 3Com PCI 3C905 B-TX? The vx
driver supposedly supports all 3c9xx, however from the mailing list archives
a lot of people seem to (or had) problems with it.

The CVS logs weren't too informative. My problem is, I have the kernel
compiled for it, as well as pci0. However, it simply detects it via pci0 but
does not detect the vx0 device.

Here's what I get:

pci0:9:    vendor=0x10b7, device=0x9055, class=network (ethernet) int a irq
11 [no driver assigned]

And then no mention of the vx0. Almost like the device isn't found in the
kernel. I have the kernel compiled with the config file *in* it, and did a
strings. Looks like the config file does have the vx defined. Other strings
found in the kernel show the error messages of the vx device. I'm assuming
this means the device driver code is in the kernel :-)

I have another card on the ep0 device. I also made sure I configured it for 2
ethernet psuedo devices. I'm running FreeBSD 2.2.5 (if the newer versions
have this problem fixed please let me know).

Finally, without sounding rude I'm not subscribed to freebsd-questions (just
some other freebsd related mailing lists). So please do make a CC of your
replies back to me. Thanks.

--
Thamer Al-Herbish                     Public PGP key can be found at
shadows@whitefang.com                 http://www.whitefang.com/pgpkey.txt