Date:      Sun, 30 Mar 2014 00:01:26 +0000
From:      Lucius Rizzo <Lucius.Rizzo@Lucius.XxX>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Recommend FreeBSD VPS

* Lucius Rizzo <Lucius.Rizzo@Lucius.XxX> [2014-02-19 04:25]:
> * Darren Pilgrim <list_freebsd@bluerosetech.com> [2014-02-18 14:57]:
> > >
> > >I have had very good experience with RootBSD (http://www.rootbsd.net=
/).
> > >They are based in the United States but have a datacenter in Germany=
.
> >=20
> > Second on RootBSD.  They also have datacenters in Dallas, TX and Rale=
igh,
> > NC, and are IPv6-enabled.
>=20
> I checked their offerings - $19.97/month vs $5 i pay at BlueVM is reall=
> a considerable difference. The only thing I am really looking forward i=
> native IPv6 in Zurich with BlueVM. I have very good experience with US
> servers, but more and more I am deploying outside US. In fact, this
> seems to be a new trend in offerings recently and there does seems to b=
> demand in servers to be based outside US.=20

I got an email from BlueVM today about new offers for their KVMs. I've be=
en
running FreeBSD 10 on almost all my instances now and its working really =
well.
I did had some strange networking issues with VirtIO with the NIC but I c=
hanged
it to an Intel NIC and its working really well. Disk based VirtIO works o=
ut of
the box.

Anyways, they have this awesome deal: $3.99 USD / month  (1024 MB Guarant=
eed
RAM 3 CPU Core 1 IPv4 Address 30 GB Disk Space 1 TB Bandwidth) among othe=
rs for
VPS. I thought I'd send this along and if someone is looking to run FreeB=
SD in
the cloud for cheap, this works well.

https://bluevm.com/cart.php?gid=3D42

Note: NetBSD/FreeBSD work out of the box and can see all the cpu cores.
OpenBSD however does not. It only sees one cpu. OpenBSD devs werent the m=
ost
useful to help debug, so I just gave up. I prefer Free/NetBSD anyways...

--=20

++ The Harvard Law states:  Under controlled conditions of light, tempera=
ture, ++
++ humidity, and nutrition, the organism will do as it damn well pleases.=
 ++
++               -- Larry Wall in <199710161841.LAA13208@wall.org> ++