Date:      Tue, 2 Nov 1999 13:49:36 -0800 (PST)
From:      Vincent Poy <vince@venus.GAIANET.NET>
To:        Jason Young <doogie@staff.accessus.net>
Cc:        "'Alexandr Listopad'" <laa@ZGIA.zp.ua>, "'freebsd-stable@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: HPT366 & FreeBSD 3.3 - please help!!!

On Tue, 2 Nov 1999, Jason Young wrote:

> I know that before we began supporting Ultra DMA on the HPT366, Soren
> Schmidt's new ATA driver (in the 4.x branch) would recognize that controller
> as a standard IDE controller. After the support went in it was supported
> properly.
>
> I actually have no idea what the old IDE driver will make of this
> controller. The old IDE driver is the only one available in 3.x. Hopefully
> somebody on the stable list will know more, I'm CCing my reply there.

	Which HPT366 controller and motherboard are you guys using?  ABIT
did release some new BIOSes recently....  The current is the October 1999
BIOS version MU with HPT366 v1.21 BIOS.

Cheers,
Vince - vince@MCESTATE.COM - vince@GAIANET.NET           ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
GaiaNet Corporation - M & C Estate                     / / / /  | /  | __] ]
Beverly Hills, California USA 90210                   / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]