Date:      Wed, 08 May 1996 01:37:55 -0500
From:      Raymond Chan <ray@ccsi.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   need help in setting up modem

Dear Sir,

	I have susessfully installed FreeBSD 2.1 on my pc. I'm having
some difficulties in getting my modem to work. The com port that I was
using under dos was com2, so I assumed I would need to use /dev/cuaa1 as
my port; however, it doesn't seems to work. I have tried to use ppp,
dip, tip, cu... and none of these programs would let me dial out.
for example: I use dip -tv  and set the port to /dev/cuaa1 after that it
shows some configs on that port. As soon as I type in term, the machine
could not talk to the modem. (I've check the modem, it was on com 2 and
irq 3 and it is working under dos)  am I doing something wrong?? do I
need to config the modem first?? I have use demesg | grep sio to check
the setting on my serial ports, it seems working ok...
	I would appreaciate if you can give me any insight in sloving
this problem. Thank you very much.

Raymond Chan