Date:      Sat, 31 Jul 2004 12:16:35 +0900
From:      Alexander Nedotsukov <bland@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-firewire@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Subject:   new fireware related issue

Hey guys!

I believe I faced yet another reincarnation of problem I reported some
time ago. That time it was broken DV stream upload.
And now I tried recently added fwip driver which seems to work for slow
transfer rates in both directions, good for downloads and stuck when
outbound transfer rate broke some barrier.  fwcontrol -r  bring  things
back to normal but till the next outbound transfer peak. Here what I see
in system logs:

Jul 31 00:57:30 bbnest kernel: fwohci0: BUS reset
Jul 31 00:57:30 bbnest kernel: fwohci0: node_id=0x8800ffc0, gen=100, non
CYCLEMASTER mode
Jul 31 00:57:30 bbnest kernel: firewire0: 2 nodes, maxhop <= 1, cable
IRM = 1
Jul 31 00:57:30 bbnest kernel: Unknown service addr 0xffff:0xf0000234
WREQQ(0) src=0xffc1 data=c000001f
Jul 31 00:57:30 bbnest kernel: firewire0: bus manager 1

All the best,
Alexander.
ps. Btw. Does anyone tried to connect FreeBSD and Linux machines? I can
connect to WinXP w/o any problem and have absolutely no luck with Linux
eth1394 :-(. Pehaps this is Linux related issue just want to hear some
official comments.