Date:      Mon, 31 Mar 2014 07:30:54 +0800
From:      Erich Dollansky <erichsfreebsdlist@alogt.com>
To:        "freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org" <freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org>
Subject:   iwn0 hangs randomly when starting the machine

Hi,

since I upgraded to r263767, I have the following problem:

Wireless does not start all the while. When it does not start, it hangs
then forever. wpa_supplicant's state in top is then '-'. If I start
wpa_supplicant by hand, it will hang and it cannot be stopped by
control C. The light indicating that wireless is up is never on in this
case. Rebooting the machine solves the problem. I did not find any
other way to solve as the wireless related commands will hang.

When the wireless network comes up, I can work just normal.

Erich

PS:

The hardware:

iwn0: <Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205> mem 0xf2500000-0xf2501fff irq 17
at device 0.0 on pci3