Date:      Mon, 29 Jul 2002 12:11:07 -0500
From:      C Peter Biessener <pbiessener@hirshfields.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   find question

Hello All,

I want to do a simple find command to find all files older than X days.

# find . -type f -mtime +14 -print

Normally, I would expect the command above to find files modified more
than 14 days ago.  The syntax is straight out of "UNIX in a Nutshell" by
O'Reilly & Associates.  However, it does not work in FreeBSD.

I did look at the manpage for find on our FreeBSD 4.1.  The -mtime +n
syntax is not documented.  How could such an essential feature not be
implemented in FreeBSD?

Thanks,

Peter Biessener