Date:      18 Mar 2003 12:22:24 -0500
From:      Matt Smith <matt@forsetti.com>
To:        Bruno Afonso <brunomiguel@dequim.ist.utl.pt>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IDEs

On Tue, 2003-03-18 at 11:57, Bruno Afonso wrote:
> Matthew Smith wrote:
> > Netbeans on Native JDK 1.4 on -STABLE is MUCH faster -- it is now a
> > usable environment!
> > -Matt
> > On Tue, 2003-03-18 at 11:22, Markus Svensson wrote:
>
> How fast is it now, compared with other C-coded Java IDE (if you have
> tried them)? I've always found NetBeans so sluggish.. :|

  Well, there is no getting around the fact that it is a large app coded
in Java.  :)  But, on my 1.8GHz/512MB, it is pretty speedy now. "Usable"
I would say.

  I liked some of the simple C-coded IDEs, but I haven't found any
free/opensource/"in ports collection if possible" that really offer the
features of Netbeans, so I really can't compare apples to apples here.
If you know of any, let me know, and I will try to compare them.

Hope that helps!
-Matt
--
Matt Smith <matt@forsetti.com>