Date:      Wed, 6 Nov 1996 21:27:40 +1100 (EST)
From:      Anthony Hill <ahill@interconnect.com.au>
To:        Bush Fires Board <bfb_proj@walis01.walis.wa.gov.au>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Modems

On Tue, 5 Nov 1996, Bush Fires Board wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have just installed Freebsd on my PC (successfully) and am wondering what, if any, solutions there are to driving internal modems.
>
> I have a Zoom V34i internal modem and am keen to see what experiences others may have had , or drivers that may work etc

I used to have a Zoom 24/96 Internal fax modem in a FreeBSD machine. I
didnt need any drivers. I just disabled COM2 on my serial card, and set
the modem up on IRQ3 - it worked fine. (it used to have a problem with
the OZ dial-tone, but ATx3 worked around that.)

cheers,

				Anthony Hill
				ahill@connect.com.au