Date:      Mon, 30 Jul 2001 14:27:43 +0100
From:      "Hemsley, Robin" <RPH@henrob.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Oops!

Hi,

I don't know if this is the appropriate address to send this problem to but
here goes...

I am new to unix and foolishly changed the root accounts shell to a
non-existant one (/bin/bash). Dead, dead clever - I know! So the problem now
is that I can't login as root nor SU to root and therefore can't change my
shell back.

Is there a (relatively) simple way to change back to a shell which actually
exists...?

TIA,

Best regards,

RobH

Visit our website at http://www.henrob.co.uk

This email is intended for the above named only.
It may contain private and confidential information
or material that is privileged. If it has come to you in error
you must take no action based upon it,
nor must you copy or show it to anyone.

Please return the message immediately to administrator@henrob.co.uk