Date:      Tue, 17 Feb 1998 09:29:35 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Stewart Morgan <stewart@BITS.bris.ac.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AIC-7895 On-board SCSI controller

On Sun, 15 Feb 1998, Stewart Morgan wrote:
> 	I've recently bought a Tyan Thunder 2 (S1696DLUA) motherboard with on-board
> SCSI support in the form of an AIC-7895 chip. At present, I am unable to get
> FreeBSD to recognise the adaptor (I've tried with the 2.2.5 release and also
> the 3.0-971225-SNAP).

I missed this before.  If you're running -CURRENT, you should be
subscribed to FreeBSD-current and post your questions there.  Justin
Gibbs is developing a new SCSI driver, and it supports the 7895.  The
last message I saw about it stated the location as
ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/cam/cam-971208.diffs.gz, but there's
a chance you'll find a newer snapshot there.

Greg