Date:      Mon, 28 Dec 1998 21:55:23 -0700
From:      Hostmaster <hostmaster@mountainmax.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Help!

Can anybody HELP!?!?!
I'm having some problems with my ftp server! I keep getting an answer
when I try to ftp into server saying "421 Service not available, remote
server has closed connection" It was working yesterday! what could have
gone wrong???

Here is another error message that has started to pop up today  "Dec 28
21:27:30 ns named[361]: fwritemsg: Invalid argument"

I've tried adding the lines to rc.local     echo "  ftpd" && ftpd -D
then removing the service from inetd.conf   #ftp     stream  tcp
nowait  root    /usr/libexec/tcpd       ftpd -l
the line below was the original line I edited, was not sure what the
flags where?>>>
ftp     stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/libexec/tcpd       ftpd -l
-a -u 0002
I'm getting a lot of complaints from customers not being able to login
to their ftp directory!

Please help!

Chris Galloway
MountainMax Internet