Date:      Wed, 12 Dec 2007 02:36:58 -0600
From:      linimon@lonesome.com (Mark Linimon)
To:        Tuomo Valkonen <tuomov@iki.fi>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ion3 license violation

On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 08:25:17AM +0000, Tuomo Valkonen wrote:
> On 2007-12-12, Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com> wrote:
> >  ===>   NOTICE:
>
> And this would also stop binary package from being generated
> for the releases?

No, the release packages were already built.  You see, part of
the problem of software Quality Assurance is that it takes some
period of time to get final packages made and tested -- a time
that no one can guarantee will necessarily be less than 28 days.
>From the discussion I followed on the pkgsrc mailing list, you
obviously either don't understand, or don't care, about this
asepct of trying to produce the best working packages for the
users of a particular OS.

But, I tell you what, as a special favor to you, I'll personally
rip ion-3 out of the already-prepared package sets, check to make
sure that the port is removed from the Ports Collection, and promulgate
a new policy that NO software from you will in the future be accepted
into the Ports Collection.  Thus, your licenses will be honored, and
as an inevitable result, your software will descend even further into
complete irrelevance.

Will that be acceptable, or is there something else that you would
like from me this fine evening?

mcl