Date:      Sun, 09 May 2010 13:37:55 +0200
From:      Anselm Strauss <amsibamsi@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   VirtualBox: no network

Hi,

I'm running VirtualBox 3.1.6 on FreeBSD 8.0 amd64. I loaded the vboxdrv
module on boot and started the vboxnet service. Then I set up an Ubuntu
10.04 amd64 guest and configured one bridged network interface. But I
can't get an IP address from my DHCP server. When I check with tcpdump
on all hosts, the traffic goes out from the Ubuntu guest over the
FreeBSD host and arrives at my DHCP server. The replies come in on the
host system but are then somehow not forwarded to the guest. I never see
incoming traffic on the guest system.

I tested this with the stock FreeBSD kernel and with both types bridged
and NAT networking. There is no firewall on the host system.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Anselm