Date:      Thu, 24 May 2001 01:32:38 +0200
From:      sthaug@nethelp.no
To:        scsi@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Seeking recommendations for backup system

I'm seeking recommendation for a backup system (software) that can be
used with a decent sized tape library, probably LTO based, and FreeBSD
4.3-STABLE.

I'm sure we could roll our based on freely available tools (eg. Amanda)
- but by now I'm used to Tivoli ADSM/TSM, and *like* the convenience
ADSM/TSM offers.  We need the ability to make backups (via Fast Ethernet)
primarily of FreeBSD servers, but also Solaris, Linux and HP-UX. Easy
restore is important.

(So why not buy TSM again? Primarily the price. We'll do it if we have to,
but would prefer something slightly less expensive and also less complex.)

Any takers?