Date:      Wed, 06 Feb 2002 18:04:02 -0800
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Charles Peterman <cjp@sandbox.sandstorm.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Binding a Process to a specific CPU

What you are asking for is called "process group negaffinity";
a cheesy way to achieve this is to lock processes to a
particular processor instead (forced affinity), which will
make sure they don't run on the same processor.  THis is a
cheesy way of doing it because with two processes on a four
CPU system, you won't necessarily get the least loaded CPU.

To get forced affinity rather than true negaffinity, use
Alfred Perlsteins scheduler patches, or make your own.

-- Terry