Date:      Wed, 24 Jan 2001 17:08:16 -0500
From:      Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>, dg@root.com
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: if_fxp driver info

> >    I'll look into the Linux driver, however, and see if it has anything
> > useful in it. Historically the Linux Pro/100+ driver has totally sucked and
> > was chalk-full of magic numbers being anded and ored.
>
>That's "chock full", and you're confusing the Becker driver (bad) with
>the Intel-supplied driver (slightly less bad).

The intel driver seems to cover all the bases and has some nice glue
routines for determining the part and features available.

I havent tested it under load, but I wonder if intel would consider
supporting it if someone ported it over to freebsd? they have drivers for
just about every other major OS except BSD. it would be nice if the driver
was updated BEFORE cards and MBs that dont work started showing up on the
we try one out.

Dennis