Date:      Mon, 25 Oct 1999 15:41:53 -0800
From:      Rusty Root <irisinc@gci.net>
To:        FreeBSD-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Ya, right!

CKimmerl@SARCOM.COM wrote:

> You people are so far into this stuff that you don't know what "easy" means
> anymore.
> Sincerely,
> -ChadK
> chadk@freewwweb.com

If you want to learn something, try teaching it to someone else.  I
spent a year with various versions of linux and then migrated to
FreeBSD.

Do I understand all of it? No!  Do I understand the Complete FreeBSD,
not all of it.  Are the "advisors" too sophisticated?  Yes.

Guys who understand Chemistry aren't so bad, its the one's who like and
understand differential equations that will get you every time.

I found a copy of "Using Unix" at Walden Books for $5.99 and am using it
chapter by chapter to teach my eleven year old son.  It's surprising how
much you yourself learn when you try to teach someone else.

There is no easy way to learn.  Keep trying.

Rusty