Date:      Mon, 03 Apr 2006 09:16:20 -0700
From:      Sam Leffler <sam@errno.com>
To:        fcash@ocis.net
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: WDS progress

Freddie Cash wrote:
> On Sat, April 1, 2006 10:54 pm, P C wrote:
>> Does anyone know when WDS ("standard" as defined by the wi-fi
>> alliance or senao/engenius) will be available in freeBSD?
>> Specifically for Atheros chipset cards.
>
> Search the -current and -stable mailing lists for posts by Sam Leffler
> regarding the state of the 802.11 wireless stack and the ath(4)
> driver.  I remember a long post by him early in the new year that
> describes all the new features of the latest ath_hal(4), along with
> plans for the wireless stack this year.  In one of those messages, he
> goes over WDS and WMM extensions.  I don't recall the specifics,
> though.

WDS and WMM are unrelated.  WMM has been in CVS for >1 year.  WDS is
waiting on import of the multi-bss vap support.  No clue when that'll
happen (if ever) as it requires help converting all the wireless drivers
to a new model.

Some folks have expressed interest in getting WDS support in separately
from vap's but I've not heard anything recently.

	Sam