Date:      Thu, 17 Feb 2000 00:11:43 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dermot McNally <dermo@mcnally.de>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Cc:        Dermot McNally <dermot@mcnally.de>, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org, brian@hak.lan.Awfulhak.org
Subject:   Re: NAT issues with ppp

On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, Brian Somers wrote:

> Does this happen with the latest version from my web site ?  There

Good question - it certainly happens with -current of a day or so ago. If
what's on your site is newer, I'll certainly give it a try.

> was a problem with NAT translations not adjusting the packet length a
> short while ago, resulting in bad breakage everytime the size of the
> IP number in things such as the PORT command was adjusted.
>
> If it still happens with the latest verison, can you also try
> decreasing your network MTU to 1492 (or maybe even 1400 for kicks).

I'm currently using 1490. If nothing else helps, I'll try 1400.

> This would stop IP fragmentation - it shouldn't make a difference,
> but, well....

I know, when you eliminate the merely improbably, you have to investigate
the impossible too...

Thanks,
Dermot