Date:      Fri, 16 Apr 2004 11:11:17 -0400
From:      "Moore, Eric Dean" <Emoore@lsil.com>
To:        Kenneth Vestergaard Schmidt <kvs@binarysolutions.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: IBM x335 onboard LSI 1020 (mpt) poor performance

Domain validation is used to correctly tune
negotiation transfers over the bus.  Here
is t10 spec on this:

http://www.t10.org/ftp/t10/drafts/sdv/sdv-r08b.pdf

It appears in the mpt driver that SCSI-SPI
Device Page updates are done from mpt_freebsd.c.
Look at functions mpt_setwidth() and mpt_setsync().
This called from XPT_SET_TRAN_SETTINGS, which means
probally only the primary disk in the raid volume is getting
the proper negotiated parmeters.

>From Linux, its done from mptscsih.c; function mptscsih_doDv().
http://lxr.linux.no/source/drivers/message/fusion/mptscsih.c?v=2.6.1

We provided freebsd source having Domain Validation to Mathew Jacob
a year ago, however it didn't make it into cvs. I will send
that source to you in seperate email.

Eric Moore