Date:      Tue, 31 Mar 1998 15:50:59 +0100
From:      nik@iii.co.uk
To:        Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@opt.phys.waseda.ac.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG, committers@FreeBSD.ORG, nik@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Move handbook to doc/en/handbook as part of DTD migration? (was Re: LINUXDOC_2_DOCBOOK_BP branch applied to doc/handbook)

On Tue, Mar 31, 1998 at 08:41:43PM +0900, Jun Kuriyama wrote:
> nik@iii.co.uk wrote:
> > I will wait a day or so until the mirrors have caught up, and then
> > put together a quick guide for anyone who wants to use CVSup to download
> > the DocBook version of the Handbook as it's being converted.
>
>   OK.  I have CVSup'ed branched doc repository.  Should we do branching
> doc/ja/handbook directory like doc/handbook?

I think that makes most sense.

Actually, something I hadn't considered before, and no one else seems
to have raised; would it make more sense for me to create a doc/en/handbook
directory, and do the conversion in there?

I'm not aware of any reason why the English version of the Handbook (and
eventually the FAQ) shouldn't be in their own language specific directory
as well (except historical accident, of course).

Of course, if I did this then I may as well remove the branch.

Comments from anyone else appreciated.

Work: nik@iii.co.uk                       | FreeBSD + Perl + Apache
Rest: nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk    | Remind me again why we need
Play: nik@freebsd.org                     | Microsoft?