Date:      Wed, 10 Sep 1997 15:38:02 +0200
From:      Ronny Jordalen <secrj@econ.uib.no>
To:        Dmitry Morozovsky <marck@gw.rinet.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IBM/Cyrix PR200+

On Wed, Sep 10, 1997 at 04:27:40PM +0400, Dmitry Morozovsky wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Yesterday i've set up 2.2.2-R on IBM (Cyrix) PR200+ and was very surprized
> when it were recognized as 486DX (rather quick, though -- kernel compile in
> less than 3.5 mins on IDE :)

That's strange... I myself just installed FreeBSD on a machine running the
same CPU, and FreeBSD identified it as Pentium Pro class processor. I first
tried setting Cpu to 486-type too, as Windows does infact recognize it as
a 486. But then kernel would panic.

> So, my question: is there any "red points" in guidelines for setting up
> FreeBSD on such system? (MB is ASUS T2P4, PIO4 IDE disk)

Don't really know. My installation went flawlessly, apart from the above
mentioned problem. I have the 2,5x66 version of the CPU btw, running off
an Asus TX97-E MB. And running 2.2.2 as well.

> Please CC answer to my email. Thanx for cooperation.
>
> Happy FreeBSDing :)))

Aren't we always? :-)

> D.Marck
> === D.Marck --- Dmitry Morozovsky --- marck@rinet.ru --- Wild Woozle ===