Date:      Wed, 29 Jul 1998 19:36:15 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mike <mike@seidata.com>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        "Henry M. Pierce" <hmpierce@santorini.odyssey.cs.cmu.edu>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD for the Sparc

On Tue, 28 Jul 1998, Mike Smith wrote:

> People, the Sparc port is _dead_ (Sun pulled the plug a while back).

Thanks for the info...  all of us aren't as enlightened as yourself.  Now
we know.

> At no time was there going to be support for geriatric hardware.  If
> you want to run a real operating system, the NetBSD folks cater to just
> that sort of nostalgia.

Not sure *what* you mean by this satement.  'Real operating system'?
Are you trying to be sarcastic?  Not much is clear other than the fact
that you need to calm down...

This email list is "a forum for technical discussions related to FreeBSD.
This is the primary technical mailing list. It is for individuals actively
working on FreeBSD, to bring up problems or discuss alternative solutions.
Individuals interested in following the technical discussion are also
welcome. This is a technical mailing list for which strictly technical
content is expected."  --FreeBSD-Hackers List Charter

Last I checked, asking about a Sparc port was fairly technical...  and it
was a FreeBSD port, so it did pertain to FreeBSD...  simply saying the
project was dead (thanks again) would have been sufficient - no need to
bash any OS or get hostile.

	-mike