Date:      Wed, 15 Sep 1999 19:29:13 -0400
From:      Will Andrews <andrews@TECHNOLOGIST.COM>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BPF on in 3.3-RC GENERIC kernel

At 04:52 PM 9/15/99 -0600, you wrote:
>Was doing some testing on the latest release candidate of FreeBSD 3.3, and
>noted that the Berkeley Packet Filter was enabled in the GENERIC kernel. Is
>this a good idea?

rather large argument over whether this should be included or not. The gist
of
it is that since DHCP has been deemed necessary to be enabled in GENERIC, bpf
is also necessary. Please don't start up the thread here, too. Just go read
the
-security archives. I promise you, this was discussed to DEATH there. :-)

--Will