Date:      Mon, 18 Dec 1995 08:30:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Barnacle Wes <wes@intele.net>
To:        freebsd-bugs
Subject:   Re: bin/899: /var/db/mountdtab not removed on bootup.

The following reply was made to PR bin/899; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Barnacle Wes <wes@intele.net>
To: j@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 1995 09:29:06 -0700 (MST)

 Faried Nawaz hypothesized:
 % /var/db/mountdtab is not removed on bootup, and so hosts "appear" to be
 % mounting drives when they aren't doing so.

 J Wunsch replied:
 >  I believe this is rather a bug in the NFS implementation in not
 >  removing mountdtab entries at umount time.

 You are, of course, correct.  ;^)

 This bug has existed for many years; the SunOS 3.6 implementation
 (circa 1989) exhibited this same problem.  There might be a historical
 reason for this behavior that we don't know, but it has always seemed
 like a bug to me.

 --
    Wes Peters	| Yes I am a pirate, two hundred years too late
     Softweyr 	| The cannons don't thunder, there's nothing to plunder