Date:      Sun, 29 Jul 2007 11:28:30 -0400
From:      "Arend P. van der Veen" <apvanderveen@att.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        Duane Winner <dwinner@utrs.com>, "David J. Neu" <djneu@att.net>
Subject:   speedbar-emacs for emacs 22.1

Hi,

I have updated emacs to version 22.1 by adding

EMACS_PORT_NAME=emacs22

to my /etc/make.conf.

This worked without any problems.  However, if I now run portsdb -Uu, I
get the following error:

# sudo portsdb -Uu
Updating the ports index ... Generating INDEX.tmp - please
wait..eieio-emacs22-0.17_2: "/usr/ports/editors/speedbar-emacs22"
non-existent -- dependency list incomplete
===> devel/eieio failed
*** Error code 1
1 error

If I remove the string from /etc/make.conf portsdb -Uu works.  However,
if I install other emacs dependencies, the earlier version of emacs is
installed and conflicts with emacs22.

What do I need to do to correct portsdb -Uu?

Thanks,
Arend