Date:      Thu, 11 Nov 1999 04:53:41 -0500 (EST)
From:      matt <matt@BabCom.ORG>
To:        jseger@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Patch to ports for BIND NXT Bug Vulnerability

--0-377638241-942314021=:49074

Hello,
	The attached diff should be applied to /usr/ports/net/bind8, all
it does is update the information needed to get 8.2.2-P3, this part of
the work was done by another person on -security, I feel horrible about
not having his e-mail so I can supply you his name. I tried the archives,
but it was too recent of a post to be there yet. My apologies in advance
to this person.

Part 2 of this upgrade, was to add the patchfile "patch4" from isc.org
which is needed for bind 8.2.2-P3 to correctly do zone transfers, this is
a very important patch to apply. This part, was done by me. (I'm laying
this out so as not to take credit for work I did not do, hopefully, the
author of the first patch, will contact me or the list)

With the possible critical security hole in previous versions of bind,
this is, what I would consider, a critical fix. It is only a matter of
time until the script kiddies have exploits to root you with, assuming
that bind does not run in the sandbox as another user like it should.

I figure, that if this gets spread around fast enough, the FreeBSD
community just might be safe from those triple damned script kiddies.

Regards,

Matt
--
"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians
 would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees

--0-377638241-942314021=:49074
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--0-377638241-942314021=:49074--