Date:      Mon, 9 Jan 1995 17:12:54 +0000 ()
From:      Jeff Carr <jcarr@freedom.wit.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   problems installing 2.0

We are using Freebsd 2.0 to run our site www.wit.com. We have purchased
another machine to take some of the load of our single machine, it is
a 486/66 with an Adaptec 2842VL scsi card and a 3com 3C509 Etherlink III
ethernet card.
While trying to install 2.0 with the newest boot_144 floppy, I get
the following:

wt0 not found at 0x300
mcd0: timeout getting status
mcd0: not found at 0x300
mcd1: timeount getting status
mcd1 not found at 0x340
ie0 not found at 0x360
1 3C5x9 board(s) on ISA found at 0x300
ep0 at 0x300-0x30f irq 10 on isa
ep0: aui/bnc[*BNC*] address 00:20:af:15:e4:9b
is0 not found at 0x200
le0 not probed due to I/O address conflict with ep0 at 0x300
ze0 not probed due to I/O address conflict with ep0 at 0x300
npx0 on motherboard
changing root device to fd0c

Fatal trap 9: general protection fault while in kernal mode
instruction pointer		= 0x8:0xf015fda0
code segment			= base 0x0, limit 0xffffff, type 0x1b
				= DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags		= interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process			= 0 ()
inturrupt mask			=
panic: general protection fault
hit reset please

any ideas? I'll make an attempt to get different hardware if that is
the problem. I'd be forever in debt if someone could help me out on this.
jcarr@wit.com