Date:      Sun, 22 Apr 2001 00:06:28 +0200
From:      Joachim =?iso-8859-1?Q?Str=F6mbergson?= <watchman@ludd.luth.se>
To:        Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Audit <audit@FreeBSD.ORG>, Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
Subject:   Re: New du functionality by newbie - audit and comments?

Aloha!

Ahem... oops!

It looks like I made a pretty nice fool out of myslf with my posting.
The "newbie" label was obviously correct though.

As Brooks pointed out, and Peter expanded on, my "patch" and added
functionality adds nothing that's really there. I just wasn't able to
clue it out by reading the man page [1]. I was however able to hack the
code to build the same functionality into the poor du command twice.
Quite a feat! ;-)

I'm sorry for bothering you all with this. It's obviously back to school
for me - and I will learn to generate correct diffs to.

[1] If it's ok after this embarrasing thing, would it be ok to humbly
suggest instead a rewrite/sharpening of the man page to call/talk about
the "-s" option as a silent option? - Basically explain what the "-s"
produces as output, and not as much what it does internally to implement
the functionality, which it does right now.
--
Cheers!
Joachim - Alltid i harmonisk svängning