Date:      Mon, 14 Feb 2000 18:18:04 +0100
From:      "Jan Hudak" <jhudak@cscare.com>
To:        "Stephane Leclerc" <sleclerc@netscape.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ftp download from FreeBSD box

It doesn't happen anymore. I don't know what fixed it but now it is as fast
as one could expect. I've installed Samba binaries and afterwards noticed
that when I copy files from FreeBSD home directory mapped as win95 local
drive - the speed is ok. I checked ftp and it was ok as well. Maybe the
Samba patched something in tcpip stack. But don't take may word for it. The
only thing I know for sure is that I haven't touched the hardware.

> Jan,
>
> I am having the same problem you had with your FreeBSD box; the
downloading
> files from Freebsd to win95 is extremely slow.  I was searching in
Deja.com
> for the solution and did not found it yet (see your message below)  This
is
> driving me nuts... what was your solution?
>
> Thanks!
>
> ---------
>
> >> Couple of hours ago I've downloaded 8MB file over the Internet (I use
>  >> FreeBSD box as an inet gateway) Download time: 18 minutes over ISDN.
But